Fulton County Public Safety Training Center
Former Fulton County Public Safety Training Center
4710 Campbell Drive
The History of the Fulton County Public Safety Training Center
The Fulton County Public Safety Training Center (FCPSTC) was made operational by the Fulton County Board of Commissioners in October, 1987. The initial purpose of the FCPSTC was to provide in-service training for the Fulton County Police Department, Marshal’s Office, and Sheriff’s Office personnel. The intent was for the FCPSTC to be a true “public safety” training center, providing specialized courses for the Fulton County Fire Department as well.
The FCPSTC was originally located at 4710 Campbell Drive, College Park, in the basement of the Eastern Elementary School that was built in 1935. The space was donated by the Fulton County School Board and the upper level of the school was occupied by an alternative school until 1991.
In April 1988, the Georgia Post Officers Standards and Training Council (GPOST) designated the FCPSTC as a certified regional training site for Basic Law Enforcement Training.
Jacquelyn H. Barrett was the first certified Academy Director for the Training Center.
Current Fulton County Public Safety Training Center
In April of 2005, the FCPSTC moved to the current location at 3025 Merk Road, College Park, occupying the former shooting venue for the 1996 Olympics. In addition to the training center’s academic campus, the FCPSTC operates an Emergency Vehicle Operations Course and the David L. Hagins Firing Range.
Today, the Staff and the Advisory Board of the Fulton County Public Safety Training Center are proud to present the basic law enforcement certification, basic jail certification, specialized, advanced, and in-service training to law enforcement personnel from across the state.