If your vehicle has been impounded by the Fulton County Police Department, you can retrieve it by following these instructions:
If you are the owner of the vehicle, you must have the following documentation:
- Proof of ownership
- Title or Valid Registration
- Bill of sale – if purchased within 25 days
- Proof of insurance
- Current Valid Insurance
- Valid State ID
If you are not the owner and you are to pick up a vehicle for the owner you must have the following notorized documents and owner documentation listed above.
- A notorized power of attorney
- Letter from the owner giving you permission to pick up the vehicle
- Letter must contain vehicles year, make, model and VIN
- The letter must state that the owner will not hold Fulton County or the Fulton County Police Department liable for releasing the vehicle.
If you are repossesing the vehicle, you must have the following documents; All must be notorized and there can be no copies of original documentation.
- A hold harmless letter
- Copy of a contract between lien holder and owner
- Copy of title
- Affidavit stating that the owner is in default of contract
- Form stating who will pick up the vehicle (including vehicle year, make, model, and VIN)
VEHICLE RELEASES ARE ONLY DONE AT THE FOLLOWING LOCATION:
Location: 5600 Stonewall Tell Rd. College Park GA 30349
click here for directions
Hours of operation Monday thru Friday 08:30 AM to 5:00 PM.
Telephone number: 404-613-3005